Monday 27 February 2017

Week Eight Included A Call To The Emergency Vet!

Week eight had it's ups and downs, here's what happened.

Monday started off really well.  I was still pet sitting at Sarah's but I'd managed to feed all of the animals, take Bingo for a walk and get to work on time!  I popped back in my lunch break to sit in the garden with Bingo and congratulate myself on how well I was doing - that's how I must of jinxed myself.
Bingo came down with sickness and diarrhoea and I had to make a call in the middle of the night to the emergency vet!  When you're looking after someone elses baby it's horrible when things don't go to plan.  Tuesday morning did not turn out as well as the day before and I had a lot of cleaning up to do!  It was Sarah's mum's turn to move in and it really was a horrible few days for both of us but, thankfully, Bingo is back to normal and full of bounce now.

There were some lovely signs of spring when I went walking in the park:
We learnt some new moves at Zumba :)
My colleague got a gorgeous hamper from Fortnum & Mason and gave me the lovely tea and tea strainer from it, it tastes amazing :)
I went on a six mile walk with Jo in preparation for the Marsden March we're doing in a few weeks :)
Storm Doris arrived and caused a bit of damage in the local park :(
I lost 4 and a half pounds and got this lovely award:
As well as being Slimmer of the Week :)
Dirty pudding was lush :)
Me and my two sisters, I always used to be the biggest but not anymore :)
Sandra made me this stunning gift, the photo really doesn't do it justice.
Alfie gave me lots of kisses :)
My friend Clare is doing the Surrey half marathon in a couple of weeks and asked me to join her in a practise walk/run.  We did 13 miles in just over 3 hours and I really enjoyed myself.
I decided to go for a whole new look!
Sarah bought me this stunning gift back from China :)
I spent a lot of time over the weekend catching up on Project Life :)
Having short hair makes all the difference when you're walking in the wind, you don't end up with hair in your eyes and mouth :)
We all watched Beauty and the Beast in preparation of the new film coming out soon :)
And then I curled up on the sofa with my crochet in the evening and watched TV.
Now it's another new week with very exciting things happening at the weekend!

Have a fantastic week and thanks for stopping by
Jo xx

5 comments:

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

What a great new look Jo. Glad Bingo is better. What a worry for you. Have a great week.

Sandra said...

Your hair looks fabulous Jo, as does that gorgeous gift. Lovely to have meet up last week. xx

My not so simple life said...

Beautiful hair! Glad Bingo is ok, poor doggy :(

Lizzy Hill said...

What a busy week! Glad doggy was ok, that would be VERY worrying...& go you, losing more weight. Lovely pic of your family & I must say dessert looks YUMMO!!! Oh. And your hair. BRILL. I'd do that in a heartbeat but hubs likes it longer....so longer it stays!

Sian said...

Your hair is gorgeous! It's funny the things that make a difference, isn't it? If I go out walking in my glasses I get all misted up and that doesn't happen when I'm wearing my contacts.