Sunday 14 October 2012

Another Great Weekend

This has been such a lovely, great weekend for me.  It started off with my monthly crop and, as I missed the last couple, it was great to catch up with all the girls.  I managed to be quite productive and get a couple of layouts done.

One of the layouts was for the monthly challenge over at UK Scrappers, the challenge was to use this sketch:
I love sketches, they're great if your mojo has done a runner!  I used the Fancy Pants Be You collection and came up with this:
I think the papers are perfect for this picture of my beautiful niece, Elsie.

After the crop I went to bingo where I was lucky enough to win £15, then a coffee (strange prize!) and then £320.  I went home to celebrate with Maddie and found out I'd won £460 on the lottery.  Having been a single parent for 13 years I can't tell you how grateful I am for this bit of luck, it certainly takes the pressure off of Christmas!

I hope that you've had a great weekend and have blessings to count too.

Thanks for stopping by
Jo xx

6 comments:

Lisa-Jane said...

Wow, congrats on your wins! Makes a heck of a difference doesn't it?! Great layouts too.

Sian said...

That's fantastic Jo! Couldn't happen to a nicer blogger :)

bet there is a layout just waiting to be made about your win..

Irene said...

Such great news. Well done you. It certainly will be a help towards Christmas expenses. Lovely lay-out.

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

That's brilliant Jo :o) I love the way you've interpreted the sketch and she is indeed beautiful.
Fi xx

humel said...

Oh, wow - congratulations! I'm really pleased for you :)

scrappyjacky said...

What wonderful luck....well done!
Such a pretty layout.