Thursday 2 August 2012

August Already!

The year certainly is whizzing by so fast and July was a lovely month for me.  I had time away from the computer and blogs and got out in the sunshine to enjoy the little and the big things.

There was another birthday in the family so another gorgeous cake made by my sister, Jemma.
The sun shone brightly so the kids got to play in the paddling pool.
Every time I go to my Mum's there is a house full thanks to the school holidays.
The big thing this month was the Olympic torch passing the end of my road.
I really didn't think there would be that many people there, I thought they'd all be in town but, I found out later in the day, the end of my little road had the biggest turn out in the area.  Not only were there masses of people it was also the place where the 'kiss' was to take place!

The atmosphere was incredible and, being such a huge fan of the Olympics, I was blown away!

I was lucky enough to be able to jump on the coach with Paul for a visit to Weymouth on the day the sailing events started and the weather was gorgeous.  I also ended up in the possession of one of the only pieces of Olympic paperwork that says "Weymouth and Portland Olympics 2012" as opposed to "London 2012"!
I have also been knitting, cross stitching and scrapping!
My favourite ever picture of Paul!
I hope that you too are having a lovely summer.

Thanks for visiting.
Jo x

6 comments:

Lisa-Jane said...

Sounds like you are enjoying the summer season so far!

Sandra said...

It looks like you are having a great summer Jo despite the weather most of the time!

Fiona@Staring at the Sea said...

Looks like July was a great month for you Jo :o)
Fiona x

Sian said...

Lots of lovely happy holiday pictures there :)

Alison said...

Great LO..and sounds like you've had a fun month!
Alison xx

Sarah said...

lovely to see you blogging again, jo!! We have olympics fever here too ... saw the torch go through at the end of the road and then dashed into town to see it arrive at the seafront too!! I bet weymouth was great - we were tempted to head down but didn't in the end! x