Monday 12 September 2011

Another New Week

We were really short staffed in the office last week, it was so busy, everyone was working extra hard and I loved it. I love waking up in the morning and knowing that I'm so busy I don't know where to start. It helps the day, and the week, go quickly.

As soon as I got home on Friday I started packing my bag for a crop the following day. I was so excited, I had some lovely kits to take, loads of ideas and an order of photos from Photobox had just arrived, my cup runneth over!

I got to the crop and realised I'd forgotten to take something with me..........my mojo! I sat there not really knowing what I was going to do and I have to say I was a bit disappointed with myself. I did manage to crack out two layouts though.

The first was for the weekly challenge on UKS, now I read the instructions wrong and thought we were meant to use the sketch provided, use an embellishment that represented something we loved at school and scrap a school theme. Doh, I got it wrong, it wasn't a school theme, we actually had to use just two colours. I really hope that this will count:
I used different greens and pinks.
I made this little embellishment, adding a few stitches because needlework was the thing I really loved at school.

I was really pleased with the second layout because I managed to get three photos on it!
My brother, Jon, did the London to Brighton cycle ride for the second time last year. For my sister, Jemma, it was her first year and I am so proud of both of them. The only thing I'm not sure on with the layout is the title, you can't really see the big C so I might add a touch of white to it, we shall see.

I have more busy days at work this week, a new carpet being laid and not one but TWO crops, let's hope I remember to pack my mojo this time :)

I hope you all had a great weekend
Jo x

7 comments:

Sandra said...

Having seen both layouts in progress, I can fully and happily say they're both gorgeous

Anonymous said...

You school themed page is absolutely beautiful, what a gorgeous combination of colours and super cute embellishment.

Sian said...

Jo, that embellishment is beautiful! I hope Sandra shows it on the shop blog :)

My not so simple life said...

love the school layout. hope you have your mojo at your next crop!

Sarah said...

Don't you hate it when your mo jo goes awol!! lol! love the handmade embellie and I see what you mean about the "c", must admit i had to look twice to see the title!! Still two great pages though! xx

Alison said...

Love your stitched flower!
Alison xx

JJ Sobey said...

Love the twine on this!