Tuesday 16 August 2011

I Love to Cut Paper

The next challenge on Shimelle's blog was right up my street, Chop Your Paper! I have always loved cutting paper up, before Thickers came along I used to hand cut almost all of my titles.  Life may be too short for doing things like that but I always found it therapeutic.  Now that I have my Thickers I'm always looking for papers that have elements that are just begging to be cut out.

At the crop on Saturday, where we're lucky enough to have the Gotta Craft shop, I bought this sheet of Echo Park - Happy Days paper:
 Shimelle's challenge was to do a layout, including embellishments, out of one sheet of paper.  The Echo Park was perfect and here's the layout I came up with:
I had so much fun cutting and punching and knowing that I didn't have to go off searching for the perfect embellishment.
Plenty of value in that one sheet of paper!

Next up is the Go Retro challenge and I have found the perfect picture of me, aged ten to scrap :)

Hopefully, I'll see you tomorrow with another finished layout!
Jo x

4 comments:

Jane said...

I must do this challenge, your layout is lovely and bright, perfect for the photo

Sandra said...

I haven't seen this challenge, but I do so love what you've done. Goodness, there is no stoping you

Jo.C said...

Really like this Jo -the colours are perfect and a great choice to cut up! Hopefully I can get some of these done tomorrow - a migraine has stopped me in my tracks!

yvette said...

I love what you did with that paper, it's great, I bought some too and am going to have to scraplift this!!