Tuesday 22 February 2011

My Week's Nearly Over

Working week that is, tomorrow is my last day at work until next Monday and I'm so looking forward to having some time off.

Because of the great craft area Paul made me I've been able to come home, on a school night, and scrap!!!  I've done another layout from the sketch on Shimelle's blog, this week is was using a piece of die cut paper and I had the perfect paper and photo:
I love this picture of my mum and dad and it's the first picture I've scrapped of my dad since he died 3 years ago.  I remember exactly where it was taken, 20ish years ago and home when we were having a party. 
I've just put a title on, no journalling but I might add that later.  They look so happy and they were so happy and nobody could tell that Alzheimer's was just around the corner. 
I may change the title to If I Could Have...." and journal some of the words of the Luther Vandross song Dance With My Father.  We played it at his funeral but it wasn't all sadness, we really celebrated by ending on Rhinestone Cowboy (one of his favourite songs and one that the whole family would sing whenever it came on - just like the family Von Trapp!) and in the evening we had a firework display.

Sorry for a bit of an outpouring then!

This week has been full of work and headaches but I'm hoping the weather will improve so we can have a visit to the zoo, zoo, zoo, you can come too, too, too..... :)

Have a good evening.
Jo xx

6 comments:

Cheryl said...

ooh i love this page - the colours, and the butterflies! beautiful :-)

Winnie said...

Glad to read that you have such good memories of your dad. Isn't that what scrapbooking is all about? Love the colours and the butterflies - all so pretty!

Sandra said...

Its good that you don't hold things in, you say what is in your heart.

Such a beautiful layout Jo :)

Heather said...

Its been lovely to read about your Dad so never apologise!! Its a great LO xx

Lisa Echerd said...

What a lovely tribute. As you are showing us, scrapbooking is so much more than just who, what, when. Thanks for sharing.

Lisa-Jane said...

Lovely layout. Beautiful paper to show such a special photo. Just visiting from Shimelle's blog.